Most people think of eczema as a childhood skin condition. However, eczema can affect people of all ages. According to the National Eczema Association, eczema is “a chronic, relapsing, inflammatory skin disorder that affects a significant percentage of the world population.” If you have eczema, you know it is not only uncomfortable but also inconvenient and sometimes even embarrassing. Here are five early warning signs of eczema on your face.
- Dry Skin: One of the most common early warning signs of eczema on your face is dry skin. If your skin feels tight, itchy, or rough, you may be experiencing dry skin due to eczema. This is often the first sign that something is wrong, and if you notice this sign, it’s important to act immediately in order to prevent the condition from worsening.
- Redness: Another early warning sign of eczema on your face is redness. If you notice that your skin is beginning to look inflamed or reddish in color, this could be an indication that you are developing eczema. It’s important to take note of any changes in your skin’s appearance so that you can seek treatment as soon as possible.
- Cracks and Blisters: Cracks and blisters are also common early warning signs of eczema on your face. If you notice any cracks or blisters forming on your skin, this is a sign that you must seek medical attention immediately. Eczema can cause cracks and blisters on the skin, leading to further discomfort and even infection if left untreated.
- Itchiness: Itchiness is another common early warning sign of eczema on your face. If you find yourself constantly scratching your face or notice that your skin feels unusually itchy, this could be a sign that you are developing eczema. Itching can often be one of the most debilitating symptoms associated with eczema, so it’s important to act as soon as possible if you notice this symptom developing.
- Flaking: Flaking is another common symptom associated with eczema on your face. If your skin is beginning to flake or peel, this could be an early warning sign that you are developing the condition. Flaking can often lead to further discomfort and irritation, so it’s important to take note of this symptom and seek treatment right away.
If you notice any of these early warning signs of eczema on your face, it’s important to seek medical attention right away in order to prevent the condition from worsening. Eczema can be a very debilitating condition but fortunately, many treatments can help alleviate symptoms and keep the condition under control. Don’t suffer in silence if you think you may be developing eczema – talk to your doctor today about treatment options!
We invite you to fill out our contact form or call JUVIVE Dermatology at (949) 432-7432 to schedule a consultation today. We will be happy to answer any questions and help determine an accurate diagnosis and the best treatment options for your family.